It began in the plush bedroom of a fashionable Riverdale home, one week before James Taylor and Carly Simon became Mr. and Ms. Simon-Taylor. Mrs. Andrea Simon was hosting a party for her son Peter whose book of photographs, Moving on/Holding Still, had just been released. Up in the bathroom, Carly and Peter were diligently trying to synchronize two battery-operated cassette recorders so that a few guests could enjoy a closed-door preview of “You’re So Vain,” in a reasonable facsimile of stereo. The song lodged itself in my cerebral cortex and had me twitching and humming for the next few days. By midweek, the twitch turned to an itch, which could only be soothed by getting a copy. Carly said there was nothing she could do until Elektra sent her a copy, but in the meantime she wanted me to come to a party at 3 AM on Friday in the Time Magazine Building (then known as the Time-Life Building) following James’ midnight concert at Radio City Music Hall. James’ last tour had not been an artistic success. He had become sluggish and more distant from his audience. Rumor had it that this was due to mounting heroin addiction. His… Read full this story
- James Taylor makes arena show feel like an intimate get-together
- Rolling Stone publisher to launch gaming site 'Glixel'
- Forza Horizon 4 Will Have James Bond Cars
- Rolling Stones DLC bringing 'Satisfaction' to Guitar Hero 5
- Like A Rolling Stone: InFlux Rolling Out
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 Review – Like a Rolling Stone
- Rolling Stone: Jagged Alliance Online Goes To Open Beta
- Furious woman confronts lorry driver in road rage spat... only to forget her handbrake and race back to stop her car rolling away
- Forza Horizon 4 full car list, Halo event, soundtrack and more
- Forza Horizon 4 full car list, early access and start time
James Taylor and Carly Simon: The Rolling Stone Interview have 307 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at January 4, 1973. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.