An infection happens when a foreign organism enters a person’s body and causes harm. The organism uses that person’s body to sustain itself, reproduce, and colonize. These infectious organisms are known as pathogens. Examples of pathogens include bacteria, viruses, fungi, and prions. Pathogens can multiply and adapt quickly. Some infections are mild and barely noticeable, but others are severe and life-threatening, and some are resistant to treatment. Infection can be transmitted in a variety of ways.include skin contact, bodily fluids, contact with feces, airborne particles, and touching an object that an infected person has also touched. How an infection spreads and its effect on the human body depend on the type of agent. The immune system is an effective barrier against infectious agents, but colonies of pathogens may grow too large for the immune system to fight. At this stage, infections become harmful. Bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa, parasites, and prions are different types of pathogen. They vary in their size, shape, function, genetic content, and how they act on the body. Viral infections Viral infections are caused by a virus. Millions of types of virus are thought to exist, but only 5,000 types have been identified. Viruses contain a small… Read full this story
- Common Herpes Virus Could Cause 50 Percent of Alzheimer's Disease Cases, Expert Says
- Man's bug bite led to flesh-eating bacteria infection
- 1 dead, 65 infected in Massachusetts hepatitis A outbreak affecting people who are homeless or use substances
- Doc: Avoiding an outbreak of HIV infection
- State: 39 children have virus that can cause polio-like symptoms
- What causes nightmares? Here's why you may be prone to night terrors
- Adenovirus outbreak 2018: 5th child infected at Voorhees facility
- MRSA keeps two Harrisburg School District students home: report
- Doc: Bone marrow produces the many kinds of blood cells
- Just 21 People Are Known to Have This Rare Genetic Condition. Can You Help Us Find More?
Infection: Types, causes, and differences have 304 words, post on www.medicalnewstoday.com at November 29, 1999. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.