Addressing perhaps the most closely watched prediction in e-commerce, e-tail giant Amazon.com (Nasdaq: AMZN) on Tuesday reiterated its call for an operating profit in the fourth quarter of this year.Amazon made the announcement as it reported results for the third quarter ended September 30th. Despite the fact that revenue remained virtually the same as it was in the year-earlier quarter, Amazon announced that its operating loss had dropped 60 percent, to US$27 million.”We’ve lowered our operating costs 20 percent and can now afford to drive growth by lowering prices for customers,” Amazon founder and chief executive officer Jeff Bezos said. “If you’re buying books over $20 from anywhere but Amazon.com, you’re probably wasting money.”Before the announcement, Amazon stock gained 78 cents Tuesday, or 8.9 percent, closing at $9.55. However, in early trading Wednesday, the stock fell $1.92 — 20.1 percent — to $7.63.In its history as an e-commerce bellwether, Amazon first sacrificed profitability in pursuit of growth, then sacrificed growth in pursuit of profitability. Investors and analysts now are sure to demand both at once.For the recently completed quarter, Amazon reported revenue of $639 million, not even 1 percent higher than the $638 million recorded in the third quarter of… Read full this story
- Apple Earnings: Billions in Profit Despite Coronavirus | Digital Trends
- Amazon says its Diwali sale in India is off to a good start
- TCS' record dealmaking in Q4 lifts profit, revenue
- ACC Q4 net up 23 per cent at Rs 3.99 bn
- How Amazon Steers Shoppers to Its Own Products
- Schaeffler India Q1 net profit slips 4% at Rs 106 crore
- How to help the Amazon rain forest as Brazil's wildfires ravage the "lungs of the Earth"
- Peloton Interactive (PTON) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Dover Corp (DOV) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- United Parcel Service (UPS) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
Amazon Holds To Q4 Profitability Call - Despite Flat Sales in Q3 have 286 words, post on www.crmbuyer.com at October 24, 2001. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.