It’s extremely hard to judge whether this figure represents a success or not for the service; 50,000 units sold across Europe isn’t exactly stellar in pure shipment terms, but then again, there’s no other product in the same category as Live so we don’t have anything to compare those figures with head to head. Microsoft, for its part, certainly believes that the launch has been successful, with European Xbox Live boss Michel Cassius commenting that “we’re really excited to be reporting successful sales so soon after launch. The feedback and take-up has been very encouraging.” It’ll certainly be some time before the European network catches up with the numbers reported in the USA, however; the Xbox Live user base there is thought to be an order of magnitude larger than the European one at the moment. The company has also revealed a listing of the Xbox Live titles becoming available in the next eight weeks, many of which offer true multiplayer as well as online scoreboards or downloadable content. MayStar Wars: The Clone Wars (Lucas Arts) – Multiplayer and Downloadable Content Godzilla (Infogrames) – Downloadable Content MotoGP 2 (THQ) – Multiplayer Phantasy Star Online (Sega) – Multiplayer Burnout 2 (Acclaim)… Read full this story
- Xbox Live hackers could knock the network 'off the face of the Earth'
- Changes to Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live will be rolled out globally
- Microsoft confirms next Xbox live stream – but don't get your hopes up
- Indian steelmakers face hit on Europe deals over export tax: JSPL
- Indian steelmakers face hit on Europe deals over export tax: JSPL executive
- Shoppers share worst supermarket price hikes as cost of living hits 40-year high
- Merry Christmas: Xbox Back Up and Playstation Network Still Down
- How to record a gameplay video on Xbox One | Digital Trends
- Why Europe will have to face the true cost of being in debt to China
- Global Food Crisis: Export Ban Sees Wheat Prices Hit Record High
Xbox Live hits 50,000 in Europe have 315 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at April 17, 2003. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.