As expected, Solomon Trujillo has been appointed the new chief executive officer of Telstra. Trujillo, a 53-year-old American, was head of French mobile phone company Orange until last year. He will take up his position with the Australian telecommunications heavyweight on July 1. The chairman of Telstra, Donald McGauchie said in a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange that Trujillo, who will be moving to Australia from California to take up the position, has exactly the right level of skill and experience to lead the company. “[The board] unanimously agree that he is the best person to lead Telstra… During his career he has successfully managed fixed line, wireless, broadband and directory businesses – virtually every facet of Telstra’s business. According to the statement, Trujillo will be charged with driving “cultural and business change throughout” the company. Trujillo said he was looking forward to taking on the challenge and praised the work of his predecessor, Dr Ziggy Switkowski, who is expected to leave the company before Trujillo takes up his position. “Dr Switkowski’s legacy is to have positioned the company well to meet the next stage of commercial and technical challenges of the new millennium,” said Trujillo.
- IndusInd Bank board finalises appointment of next MD & CEO
- Balesh Sharma resigns as CEO of Vodafone Idea; Ravinder Takkar named MD, CEO
- Siraj Chaudhry appointed as MD & CEO of NCML
- UTI AMC initiates appointment of new MD, CEO
- Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant gets two-year extension
- Reliance Power appoints K Raja Gopal as CEO, S Vaishnav as CFO
- Belgian police search property of KPN's new CEO over Proximus share sale
- Jet Airways chief Gary Kenneth Toomey quits, CFO R Gopalakrishnan to take over as acting CEO
- Nissan Board to Appoint New Chairman on Dec 17 After Ex-Chair's Arrest - Reports
- McDonald's Appoints Chris Kempczinski as New Chief Executive Officer
Trujillo appointed Telstra CEO have 296 words, post on www.zdnet.com at June 8, 2005. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.