Vietnam’s participation in the 16th World Youth Festival has greatly contributed to the success of the event, said Emil Guevara, a member of the organising board.
Mr Guevara said Vietnam was the biggest delegation in Asia at the festival, with 164 delegates. Through the festival, Venezuelan people and international friends had an opportunity understand more about Vietnam, a country imbued with traditional cultural values and a country with long experiences in the struggle for freedom, independence and against imperialism. Today, under the leadership of the Communist Party of Vietnam, the world is witnessing an active Vietnam undergoing socio-economic development. Vietnam’s experiences in development had great influence among third-world countries and Latin American countries. Vietnam is considered a bright example in national construction and defence for Latin American countries, Mr Guevara said.
Mr Guevara noted that nearly 100 seminars, forums and bilateral meetings during the festival brought world youths close together for a common goal of fighting for peace and freedom. Nations had a chance to understand each other, thereby opening up new co-operation opportunities. To further enhance co-operation, delegates from each nation presented youth movements from their country and proposed potential domains for co-operation. Bilateral exchanges were built through the mass media or direct meetings.
On Sunday, the Vietnamese delegation attended two important forums: a forum on violating human rights under the name of protecting human rights against terrorism, and a forum on international tribunal against imperialism.
After the two forums, delegates issued a declaration on uniting to fight against imperialism, strongly supporting Cuba and Venezuela, putting an end to threats against Palestinian and Libyan people, and promoting the development rights of African countries and other countries.
The same day, the Vietnamese delegation held bilateral meetings with delegates from Venezuela, Cyprus, Greece, the US, Canada, Burkina Faso and Jamaica.
(According to the VNA)
- Dhoni is our guiding light, will play crucial role in World Cup: Rohit
- Dorm Fire Kills 10 in Brazil, Sending Shudder Through World Youth Soccer
- McCarron set to play lead role again
- How Kerry's Ó Cinneide played key role in Gaoth Dobhair rise
- Khelo India 2019, Boxing: Maharashtra’s Tiwari tames World Youth bronze medallist Ankit; Haryana sign off with 10 gold medals
- Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal refusing to play in expanded Club World Cup
- Sports Vietnam thrash Timor-Leste to book youth championship semifinal spot US, N.Korea leaders begin summit in Hanoi
- Sports Vietnam thrash Timor-Leste to book youth championship semifinal spot North Korean leader Kim Jong Un leaves Hanoi
- Sports Vietnam thrash Timor-Leste to book youth championship semifinal spot
- Sports Vietnam thrash Timor-Leste to book youth championship semifinal spot Vietnamese athletes find joy in post-pro life