After spending a few weeks in October of 2003 in southeast England, walking the footpaths of the Darent River Valley, we thought we had a good idea of what the autumn was like in the English countryside. But since returning from our recent late-September trip to the Cotswolds, we have a newfound appreciation of yet another beautiful part of England.For my husband, driving on the wrong side of the road turned out to be even more difficult than he had expected, especially since the Brits have so many “round-abouts” and their traffic pattern in those rotaries goes to the left instead of the right. My job was to constantly remind Wayne to “Stay on the LEFT! as he made turns. For anyone who is planning a trip to the UK, it would be a good idea to pay a little extra and rent an automatic drive. We opted for a straight-drive and soon discovered that everything is on the wrong side for an American driver: not only the driver’s seat, but the gear shift and the rear-view mirror as well!Autumn was a good time to visit because the villages were not crowded with tourists, and in many cases we felt… Read full this story
- Mini staycation: Discovering Cotswolds' confetti and lavender fields
- David and Victoria Beckham start work on fairytale garden at Cotswolds house
- I thought I’d have a panic attack and leave my husband-to-be at the altar — but I’m taking back control of my anxiety
- Fashion retailer Select set to collapse into administration
- David Beckham enjoys bike ride with Harper and boys after driving ban
- Boyle's inventive ceremony grabs the licence … and thrills
- Victoria Beckham shares adorable back to school photo of daughter Harper
- OMG, I Want to Rent This House: Painswick, U.K.
- Meghan Markle and Harry's secret trick-or-treating Halloween date - and they posted photo
- Professor Green feared he'd catch thrush from a chicken while filming new TV show
The Cotswolds - A Week Is Not Enough have 318 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 16, 2006. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.