In 1542, Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo, saw the Santa Cruz Mountains while off the peninsula of San Francisco. He gave them the name ‘Sierra Nevada’ meaning “snowy range” in Spanish.The name was later applied to the mountain range in the eastern part of California which is made up of 400 miles of tall peaks, deep forests and scorchingly hot lowlands.Five million people visit every year to raft, hike or climb but, each year, over 200 become stranded, seriously injured or die.Bear Grylls, the survival expert, has recently starred in a TV series which shows everyone the skills they need to survive in tough environments. These skills often suggest success skills as well as survival skills.My cynical step brother suggested that these skills might help him last for twenty seconds rather than ten seconds in an extreme environment!In one episode, Bear visited the Sierra Nevada. He took with him a water bottle, a cup, a flint for making fire and a brave film crew!He landed by parachute high up in the Sierras. The air is so thin that he knew he would descend extra fast. To soften his landing, he guided the parachute to dump him into a shallow mountain lake.He landed… Read full this story
- Anglo American’s Bristol Bay Controversy: Wildlife vs. Mineral Riches
- 2017 Mini Clubman S All4 Update 5: The Great American Road Trip
- The State of Small Business: Nevada
- Fields to Succeed Mulally at Ford? The Kuzak and Booth Retirements Point to “Yes.”
- Young Entrepreneurs Who Quit Corporate Life (and Survived)
- Marketing Expert Ernie Saxton Offers Some Critical Tips To Obtain That All-Important Sponsor.
- Fatal Indy 500 Crash Mars 1958 American Auto Racing
- Focus on 'Family' Is Key to Long-Term Family Business Success
- 2019 NCAA Tournament TV schedule, scores: March Madness bracket, Sweet 16 live streams, Elite Eight tip times
- 3 Tips for Growing Your Professional Network
Succeed By Learning From Native Americans - Success Tips From Surviving The Sierra Nevada have 304 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 8, 2007. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.