With the date for my photo exhibition rapidly approaching and the need to finalize my articles and get the photos ready, I had not planned to do any further interviews, but one organization could not be missing from my article series about the Beach: Toronto Police Service 55 Division, an organization with whom all the special events organizers work regularly. In his words 55 Division is extremely supportive of the Beach and a very positive force in the community.I hopped in my car to drive to Dundas and Coxwell Avenues to meet the officers at 55 Division. Gene introduced me to Superintendent Wayne Peden, the head of the station and after introducing the Celebrate Toronto project Superintendend Peden started to give me a general overview of 55 Division. He explained that the policing area of 55 Division extends from the Don River in the west and to Victoria Park Avenue in the east, and from Danforth Avenue in the north to Lake Ontario in the south.Superintendent Peden added that the police play a critical role in all the public events in the Beach, including the Beaches Jazz Festival, the Easter Parade and the Ashbridges Bay Fireworks. He used to work… Read full this story
- Police, community clash as Toronto moves to clear homeless encampment in park
- When a Police Department Knows It's Failing
- Fury of police force as officers were 'abandoned' after being promised vaccine priority
- Today’s coronavirus news: Massive vaccine drive at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto aims to shatter North America record
- In Minneapolis, Unusual Police Killing Raises an Old Outcry: Why?
- Do Algorithms Have a Place in Policing?
- 8 Early Crisis Management Lessons From The Collapse Of Florida Condo
- Donovon Lynch, Pharrell Williams' cousin, fatally shot by police in Virginia Beach
- How a Pledge to Dismantle the Minneapolis Police Collapsed
- Charlotte Police Department turning to customer service to 'revolutionize' policing
Hello from Toronto - Presenting - 55 Division - A Lesson in Community Policing in the Beach have 302 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 26, 2007. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.