Many ancient diseases have all but disappeared but cold sores and fever blisters still attack us – in epidemic proportions. Of the world population over 7 years old, nearly 90 out of every 100 people carry the virus that causes cold sores and fever blisters.Outbreaks of cold sores or fever blisters are caused by the replication process of the herpes simplex virus. Both strains – type 1 and the type 2 – cause identical sores. Many viruses disappear over time but the cold sore virus will be with you for life.The good news – although with you a lifetime, the cold sore virus is normally asleep. It hides in your nerve cells near the initial infection. 35 people out of a 100 that carry the herpes virus will not get one outbreak in a lifetime. The other 65 of us will get a cold sore at least once every 8.4 months.Extremely contagious are cold sores and fever blisters. They can be spread to others through direct contact or with community objects such as towels. The most common spread of this virus, however, is to another spot on your own body with virus on the fingers.Often you will see people with… Read full this story
- Being cold can't make you sick and taking vitamins won't keep you well: Expert debunks the most common flu myths - and reveals the advice you can REALLY trust
- How to get rid of a cold, what treatments are there for cold symptoms and how’s it different to the flu?
- Why finding a cure for the common cold is so complicated
- Heat wave-choked Australia sticks out like a sore thumb in a map of world weather
- The 30 most blistering lines from Donald Trump's unhinged letter to Nancy Pelosi
- Why Do You Feel Sore After Making Love?
- The Flare Path: In Cold Waters
- Sore loser! Stony-faced Jeremy Corbyn endures walk of shame beside a grinning Boris Johnson to hear the Queen's Speech after Labour's election humiliation costs him his job
- Woman, 37, says hair dye reaction caused her face to swell ‘like a balloon’ and left her scalp covered in weeping sores
- Men Of War: Assault Squad 2 - Cold War is out now
Remarkable Facts About Cold Sores and Fever Blisters have 358 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 27, 2007. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.