The hours-of-service regulations mandated by the government to ensure truck drivers are not driving while tired, was recently bumped from ten hours up to eleven. It is imperative that truck drivers pull over when they start to feel drowsy or lethargic. The following are tips to help truck drivers stay alert and awake while on the road. Consider following a few to ensure a safe and comfortable journey when fatigue starts to set in.- Give yourself an energy or sugar boost. Coffee, caffeinated soda, energy drinks, and candy can all give you the temporary high you may need until you rest. This past year, caffeinated sunflower seeds debuted on the market. Infused with caffeine, lysine, and other energy boosters (found in Red Bull and other energy drinks), the makers of the sunflower seeds claim they can give you an energy boost that will last longer than a drink.- When you stop, get out and move around, stretch, or even take a 20 minute nap if possible. Even the shortest breaks can really help.- Sit straight and upright; slouching can induce tiredness.- Listening to upbeat music or a book on tape can keep you awake and alert.- Know your limits. The… Read full this story
- Truck driver, 32, loses 10 kilos in EIGHT weeks by meal prepping meals for work - and now she sells the healthy meals online to help others do the same
- Tow Truck Driver Cheats Death, Dodges Skidding Car In Crazy Crash
- It’s time to clear the clutter and we share top tips for reorganising your home
- Trucking startups like LetsTransport, Truckola slowly gaining momentum
- Drivers for Amazon contractor allege safety and wage abuses
- Shocking moment blood-soaked man clings to the front of a speeding semi truck as it’s driven down a Florida highway
- Spain: Elephants roam highway after one killed in truck crash
- Venues and crew signal 'red alert' for live music, theatre and events
- Britain on terror alert: Special forces on the streets of London as experts warn ISIS is using the PlayStation 4 network to recruit and plan attacks because it's 'more secure than WhatsApp'
- Truck Driving Through Flooded Road Plunges Into Swollen River in Rain-Ravaged Indian State - Video
Tips for Truck Drivers to Stay Alert have 360 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 7, 2007. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.