INTRODUCTIONIt is incontrovertible that the discussion on the message of Jesus and Paul is a highly debated area in biblical scholarship. The pendulum swings from the phrase ‘Jesus or Paul’ to ‘Jesus and Paul?’ When Paul made ethical pronouncement such as “Bless those who persecute you” (Rom. 12:14), why didn’t he cite the authority of Jesus (Matt. 5:10-12)? When Paul says in Romans 8:26, “we do not know what we ought to pray for”, does this mean he was unaware that Jesus taught the Lord’s Prayer to his disciples (Matt. 6:9-13) and Luke 11:2-4)? Those who claim that Paul takes up an independent attitude towards Jesus would hastily conclude that they had a different message, a discovery I view as misleading. I support the viewpoint that “Paul’s understanding of God is completely in line with Jesus’ teaching” (Bruce 1977, 19)CRITICAL ANALYSISA question scholars who believe that the messages are different normally ask is “why did Paul on page after page, in paragraph after paragraph appeal to the words of Jesus as authority for what he was advocating?” (Sandmel 1979, 107). They view it as incredible for Paul to give only one quotation from the statements believed to have been made… Read full this story
- Paul Pogba has last laugh as he inspires stunning Manchester United fightback to delay City coronation
- New Man City boss Guardiola bids for Palmeiras striker Gabriel Jesus
- Mexico, Club America dealt big blow as Paul Aguilar tears ACL
- Week in Wrestling: WWE wanted to pair Rob Van Dam and Paul Heyman in a heel turn
- Reliving the Legend of Joe Jesus
- Monson: How would you act if Jesus sat next to you at the game?
- Rockets star Chris Paul: NBA playoffs are 'minor' after Santa Fe school shooting
- Man City collapses to United, delaying EPL title party
- Ortiz: Plenty of blame to go around as Blues don't make playoffs
- Ortiz: Allen's failures top the list of reasons why Blues missed the playoffs
Jesus and Paul have 324 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 13, 2008. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.