When people think about the up-keep of hair extensions they often think that they are extremely hard to keep in good condition when in reality they are surprisingly easy to look after; there are however certain aspects that need to be considered, one of the main considerations is the maintenance of your hair extensions.
It is important that you do not wash your hair for at least two days after the extensions are placed in, the reason that this is so important is because the extensions need time to properly set so if the extensions are washed before this happens there is more of a chance of the bonds or hair falling out. After this initial two day period you are able to wash your hair as often as you like but it is wise to keep in mind that the less stress you place on the bonds the better. By continually washing your hair with the extensions the bonds are placed under stress due to the weight of the water. It is suggested that you should wash and condition your hair with the extensions in every two or three days. During which time you should ensure that you deeply condition your hair.
Once you have washed and conditioned your hair you are free to use styling products freely on your hair. If needed you can use hot oil treatments on your hair as a way of re-conditioning your hair if you require the need to; however one thing that is important to know is that you don’t need to use specialist shampoos and conditioners on your hair as they won’t make any difference to your hair; they will just empty your purse! If you need to you can use leave in conditioners, serums and many different styling products. As long as you ensure that your hair is conditioned and moisturized as much as it can be, you can style your hair as much as you want.
As well as being able to use all of the different styling products that you want you can also straighten, curl or blow dry your hair extensions; however when you are straightening your hair extensions you should try and avoid straightening over the bonds as this can loosen them. Your hair extensions can also be cut and styled into whatever shape and cut you require. You are even able to dye the extensions if you require the need to. You should be careful if you do decide to dye your extensions. This is because different hair types dye differently; your own hair may not dye the same as the hair used for your hair extensions will.
Just as long as your extensions are properly maintained and properly removed they will cause little or no damage to your own hair; however this does also depend on the quality of your own hair to begin with. As everyone’s hair and scalp is different hair extensions may not be suitable for everyone, which is why it is important that you speak to your stylist about whether hair extensions will work on your hair.
- Khloe Kardashian reveals VERY organized storage rooms with hair extensions hanging up in her closet
- Bride forced to wear wig for wedding after hairdresser cousin 'ruins' her hair
- Eyebrow Extensions:The brand new 2020 eyebrow trend
- 16 Amazing Ways To Tame Frizzy Hair Instantly
- Stress is turning your hair white, and scientists have found a way to interrupt the process
- Amanda Holden's skinny jeans and new hair do are BIG news on Instagram
- 'Deadly Hair Dude' trains Indigenous students in barbering to take into remote communities
- Lisa Rinna Debuts a Rare Hair Change, Shows Off a Long Ponytail at Rachel Zoe Fashion Show
- If this Texas student doesn't cut his dreadlocks, he won't get to walk at graduation. It's another example of hair discrimination, some say
- Mummy Hair Reveals Ancient South American Diet