The unyielding campaigners against land acquisition say that opposing land acquisition is not necessarily an anti industry mind-set. See how our leader Mamata Banerjee always pronounces that she wants to see the cheery face of both the industrialists and farmers. Is it not possible to industrialize without acquiring farmland? Theoretically even the most intangible ideas can be proved as possible. So, industrialization without acquiring farmland is also possible.But a practical problem cannot be argued or concluded upon with theory alone. In Bengal, 24% of its total land constitutes the urban-industrial sectors, 13% of it is forestland. Farmland constitutes 62%, while the fallow land is only 1%. From where will the required additional land for new industries come? Is it the first time that land is acquired for industry and development projects in Bengal? Back in time, when Bengal was a leading industrial state in India, huge tracts of land had been acquired for mammoth projects like Durgapur Steel Plant, Alloy Steel Plant, expansion of IISCO, DVC projects, Farrakka hydroelectric project and so on. These acquisitions were easy as it was acquired from absentee landlords who owned large amount of surplus land but were not the actual cultivator themselves. In 1978,… Read full this story
- Street Fighter 2 CPU cheated with instant God Mode, unblockable attacks
- How to keep street foods in Vietnam safe?
- Mamata turns street fighter for cop she once refused to trust
- Triumph Street Triple S: The best looking naked two-wheeler
- In West Bengal, some villages celebrate Independence Day after August 15; here’s why
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 2
- Da Nang: A gem of central Vietnam
- The National Vietnam Veterans Longitudinal Study, Part 2
- Can foreign 'Islamic State' fighters' kids return to Europe?
- Uniqlo to launch first store in Vietnam next month
Street Fighters of Bengal and the Vietnam Experience have 283 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 24, 2008. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.