The Hanoi city People’s Court on Oct. 14 brought to trial two former police officers and two former reporters for alleged offences relating to a corruption case at the Project Management Unit 18 (PMU18). Pham Xuan Quac, 62, and Dinh Van Huynh, 50, former investigators of the Public Security Ministry, were charged with “deliberately revealing work secrets”, according to Article 286 of the Penal Code. The two other defendants, Nguyen Viet Chien, 56, a former reporter for the Thanh Nien (Youth) newspaper and Nguyen Van Hai, 33, who had been employed by the Ho Chi Minh City Tuoi Tre (Young Age) newspaper, were accused of “abusing democratic freedom rights to infringe upon the interests of the state, the legitimate rights and interests of organisations and individuals” under Article 258 of the Penal Code. Nine lawyers pleaded for the four defendants at the first hearing, while 10 witnesses involved in the case were summoned by the court. Representatives from 26 local news agencies, newspapers and a number of foreign diplomatic agencies as well as reporters from six foreign news agencies, including AP, AFP, Reuters, Kyodo, NHK and DAP attended the trial. According to the Supreme People’s Procuracy’s indictment, interrogations results and… Read full this story
- Ex-Texas police officer sentenced to 15 years for murder of unarmed black teen Jordan Edwards
- Somali-American Police Officer Sentenced to 12.5 Years in Death of Minneapolis Woman
- Sarah Everard trial: Ex-Met officer Wayne Couzens accused of murder to enter plea tomorrow
- Police officer put photos of ex-wife on swingers website so she'd be harassed by creeps
- Police officer ‘sexually assaulted woman as she sheltered in hotel’
- Court of Appeal clears 12 more subpostmasters who were wrongly convicted in Post Office IT scandal
- Ex-officer gets 10 years for forcing teens to strip during traffic stop
- Bail Is at Least $1 Million for Ex-Officer Accused of Killing George Floyd
- Near Derek Chauvin trial, casket left in street for Black deaths by police that "weren't filmed"
- Ex-Houston Cop Indicted Over Twisted Beating of Man Who Says He Defecated in Fear
Ex-police officers and former reporters on trial have 322 words, post on english.vov.vn at October 15, 2008. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.