Oracle’s second quarter was roughly in line with expectations as earnings excluding charges hit targets on lower than expected revenue. Meanwhile, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison, who picks on a competitor every quarter, said the company had “several recent wins over Salesforce.com” for on-demand software. Oracle reported second quarter earnings of $1.7 billion, or 34 cents a share, excluding charges (statement, tables, preview). That was good enough to hit Wall Street estimates. Sales were a bit light at $5.6 billion–Wall Street was expecting $5.86 billion. Including charges, Oracle reported net income of $1.3 billion, or 25 cents a share, flat with a year ago. For the third quarter, the company expects adjusted earnings of 31-33 cents. The company noted that the stronger dollar dinged second-quarter earnings, an outcome that was expected. In many respects, Oracle delivered a solid quarter without many surprises. Oracle also didn’t announce any broad restructuring plans, but it also has plenty of room to improve margins as it trims fat as it integrates acquisitions such as BEA Systems. One item to note is Ellison’s comments. Almost every quarter Oracle pokes a rival. Usually it’s SAP, but Red Hat and BEA have also taken jabs before. This go… Read full this story
- Mark Hurd, Oracle CEO who also led HP, dies at 62
- Breakingviews - Review: Salesforce’s activist CEO has solid pitch
- Supermarket giant aims to reduce costs by $1 billion by 2022/23
- Sorting the Sunday Pile, Week 9: Browns are an epic disaster, Chargers annual run, Lions goal line issues
- PI Industries Q2: Exports take the centre stage as momentum holds
- Football: Kingwood, Humble renew rivalry with home playoff seeding on line
- World Cup 2018, Brazil vs Belgium Highlights: Brazil Knocked Out After 1-2 Loss To Belgium In Quarters
- LSU vs. Auburn score, takeaways: No. 2 LSU flexes in second half to remain undefeated
- Strong second-half pushes Paetow past Huntsville for playoff spot
- 'Tax cuts prove government is capable of taking decisive action'
Oracle's second quarter in line; Ellison takes aim at Salesforce.com have 314 words, post on www.zdnet.com at December 18, 2008. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.