Candi Staton is a talented gospel and soul artist whose career began in the 1950s, spanning five generations during which she stamped her mark indelibly upon millions of pop and gospel music fans.Staton was born on 13th March 1943 in Hanceville, Alabama and grew up within rural country surroundings in a farm. She began singing at the tender age of four and from an early age recognized that she had a quality in her voice that can captivate, inspire and even bring adults to tears; a situation which the young Staton had difficulty coming to terms with. She says “At the time, I didn’t even know why they were crying. Once, I remember, the audience got so emotional, throwing their pocket books at my feet and so on, that I got really scared and ran off to my mother.”Staton’s household was headed by an alcoholic father who abused her mother and Staton’s own musical development began following her parents’ divorce. Just prior to becoming a teenager, the young Candi, along with her sister Maggie, was sent to the Jewel Christian Academy in Nashville. Her vocal repertoire was quickly recognized and she, along with her sister were selected into the Jewel… Read full this story
- The Good News & The Bad: The Biggest Gospel Music Stories of 2016
- Breaking Details From Facebook’s F8: News, Movies, Music Apps, Profile Pages Get Pretty, Permanent With “Timeline,” Reports
- Antone Barnes: From Once Designing Music Careers to Home, Interior Design
- Careers in Faith and Religion: Music Minister Brings In-Demand Skill to Churches
- The future 50: the rising music stars to look out for
- Intern Chronicles: Newbie Discovers Promising Career Path
- A Sweet Day in the Life of Dylan Lauren, the Founder of Dylan's Candy Bar
- He Was Asked to Co-Found a $300 Million Company Based on His LinkedIn Profile. Here's Why He Stood Out -- and How You Can, Too.
- 3 Steps Toward Seeing Your Career Blow Up -- in a Good Way
- NFL Players Find Second (Career) Wind with Music Boot Camp
Candi Staton Gospel Music Career Profile have 340 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 29, 2009. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.