The Millennials are coming – armed with Facebook accounts and netbooks, the latest generation of young workers are entering the workplace ready to raze traditional touchstones of business to the ground. Web 2.0 evangelist Don Tapscott – author of tech titles including Wikinomics and The Digital Economy – is forecasting a “big conflict” in the office, sparked by the generation of 11- to 30-year-olds who are determined to reshape the workplace in their own image. Talking to silicon.com about his latest book Grown Up Digital , Tapscott laid out five “generational firewalls” that bosses need to tear down if they want to attract the brightest and best of Generation Y. See also: Tech that Gen Y will sweep away “We do the opposite of what we should be doing, which is learning from this culture,” he told silicon.com. “The whole paradigm that you train, you supervise, you compensate and you retain – all of those are wrong.” Here’s Tapscott’s top five ways to embrace the Millennials’ working culture. Don’t supervise Understand that in their age group there is a new culture of work: the social network is the new operating system for business. The way that they work is by… Read full this story
- Ryan: The inside story of the secret deal that changed the Daytona 500
- How Gen Z and TikTok inspired the Russo brothers’ ‘Cherry’
- Why America’s Gen Z activists are betting on Biden and ‘the arc of justice’
- MacBook keyboard issues: MacBook Pro keyboard not working
- Meet the Climate Change Activists of TikTok
- Facebook is eyeing your wrist to change the future of computing
- The Future of Gaming: Developers explore how the PS5 and Xbox Series X could change the way that we play in the next generation
- The United Nations has published a video game that could help change the world
- The future of reality: Next-Gen AR smartglasses make Google Glass look quaint
- Windows 10 laptops are dead to me – but can Intel change my mind?
Five ways Gen Y will change the way you work have 322 words, post on www.zdnet.com at March 27, 2009. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.