The mother of 14-year-old Nguyen Hoang Anh, who was brutally tortured by his employers, has asked that lawyer Nguyen Thi Hong Lien from the Ho Chi Minh City Lawyer Association protects her son’s rights in the coming trial. Police in the Mekong delta province of Ca Mau, after examining Anh on May 4, said the boy had broken teeth, burn marks, a broken nose, and a swollen face as a result of constant beatings and torture by his employers. Police said they will use the forensic examination results as evidence to prosecute the couple who are said to have horrifically tortured Anh for more than a year. Nguyen Truong Ha, deputy head of Dam Doi District, has agreed to the mother’s request, while Lien has said she will provide free consultation in the case. Lien said she will charge that Huynh Thanh Giang and his wife, Ma Ngoc Thom, were guilty of culpable homicide in torturing the boy for eight months and demand harsh punishments for the cruel couple. The boy is recovering well at the police hospital, local reports say. His father, Nguyen Thanh Tan, has reportedly expressed remorse for neglecting his twin sons since they were born. He… Read full this story
- S'porean lawyer who defended pro bono wrongly accused & convicted helper wins high praise from judge
- Teenagers Violently Arrested Over Vaping To File Civil Suits Against Ocean City, Lawyer Says
- In Court Without a Lawyer: The Consequences of Trump’s ‘Remain in Mexico’ Plan
- Proud Boys Members Planned And Prepared For Capitol Insurrection, Feds Allege
- Trump rips ‘radical left’ NY prosecutors who’ve ‘failed’ to pin a crime on him after lawyers say he WON’T be charged
- Maryland AG urges lawyers to offer free legal help during pandemic recovery
- Grammys Chief Calls Her Removal Retaliation for Exposing ‘Boys’ Club’
- Penn. lawyer who lost mail-in ballot case says it wouldn't have helped Trump win
- Hong Kong Police Raid Pollster on Eve of Pro-Democracy Camp Primary
- Boy Scouts bankruptcy plans angers some, welcomed by others.
City lawyer to represent tortured boy pro bono have 330 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at May 8, 2010. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.