Drug Pipeline Novartis Vaccines has started shipping seasonal influenza vaccine to U.S. customers for the 2010-2011 season, allowing health care professionals to initiate protection of their patients well in advance of this year’s flu season.The company plans to supply the U.S. market with approximately 40 million doses of Fluvirin influenza virus vaccine, which has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for patients 4 years of age and older. Fluvirin will be available to health care professionals in both pre-filled syringes and multi-dose vials.The 2010-2011 season is the first year that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend influenza vaccination for all people 6 months of age and older. In previous seasons, the CDC recommended vaccination of high-risk individuals, including children 6 months through 18 years of age, individuals 50 years of age and older, adults at risk for medical complications from influenza and close contacts of high-risk individuals. This is the first year that the CDC has included a recommendation to routinely vaccinate all adults between 19 and 49 years of age. The CDC recommends that children between 6 months and 9 years of age receiving a flu vaccine for the first time… Read full this story
- China researchers discover new swine flu with 'pandemic potential'
- Primary schools forced to cancel flu vaccine sessions in England
- NHS denies flu vaccine shortage amid complaints over delays
- China Researchers Discover New Swine Flu With ‘Pandemic Potential’
- Fear of the Pig: New Swine Flu With ‘Pandemic Potential’ Found in Chinese Hogs
- Britons urged to get flu vaccine as critical cases rise above 2,000
- Chinese study warns new swine flu virus has 'pandemic' potential
- New swine flu with pandemic potential identified by China researchers
- New Swine Flu Found in China Has Pandemic Potential
- Could a New Swine Flu Strain Mean a Second Pandemic?
Novartis Ships New Seasonal Flu Vaccine have 295 words, post on www.dddmag.com at July 30, 2010. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.