PARIS, Aug 20, 2010 (AFP) – Mario Balotelli got his Manchester City career off to a flying start when he scored the only goal in their 1-0 win over Timisoara in Romania in the first leg of their Europa League play-off. Balotelli, who joined City from Inter Milan last week for around 29 million euros, started on the bench before coming on as a 57th minute substitute for Gareth Barry in Thursday night’s match. In the 72nd minute, moments after Yaya Toure had hit the post, Balotelli capitalised on some fine work by Emmanuel Adebayor to fire the ball into the top corner. City boss Roberto Mancini was full of praise for Balotelli as the English side got an important away win. “He had a great debut and I am happy that he scored. He is a good player,” said the Italian. “He needs to improve of course and get to know everybody. It was the first time he had played with the team.” Balotelli, however, picked up a yellow card after losing his cool and was warned by Mancini not to repeat his actions in England. “We must work on this with him because it will be different in…
- New ‘Christopher Robin’ Movie Encourages Joy and Wonder
- How Beyoncé said 'boy, bye' to black respectability
- Paint It Black: New Orleans Artist ‘Bmike’ Odums on Being Featured in
- New Christian Movies Summer 2019
- Lifting the Lower Ninth
- Touring the City Where Hip-Hop Started
- A New Way to Buy Your Next Car?
- Trump Will Reportedly Lift Obama's Ban on Transferring Military Equipment to Police Forces
- See The Incredible Giglio Lift In Williamsburg
- Ask a Queer Chick: I'm a girl attracted to a trans boy. Does that make me bi?
Mancini delight as new boy Balotelli lifts City have 277 words, post on at August 20, 2010. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.