Olympian Doan Kien Quoc and his team-mates Tran Tuan Quynh, Nguyen Nam Hai and rising star Dinh Quang Linh will all compete in the All-Stars Southeast Asian Table Tennis Championship starting on September 11 in Hai Duong city.
Quoc, who qualified for the second round at the Beijing Olympics, will lead the Vietnamese in a tough contest against top tour athletes from Singapore and Thailand in the men’s singles.
Known for his left-hand smashes, the 31-year-old is hoping to be on top form in what could be the most important game of the year.
- Japanese stars sent packing on Day 2 of table tennis tourney
- Table tennis: Gao Ning appointed as men's national coach, youngsters promoted into senior squads
- Commonwealth Games: Feng Tianwei and Yu Mengyu claim table tennis team's first gold
- Table tennis: Ping-pong diplomacy between the two Koreas as sporting ties thaw further
- Table tennis: Joint inter-Korea team wins mixed doubles at Korea Open
- Table tennis: Joint inter-Korea team beats China to win mixed doubles at Korea Open
- Asian Games: Paddler Yu Mengyu guaranteed at least a bronze after reaching table tennis women's singles semis
- Table tennis: Dentsu Sports Asia acquires equity stake in pro-league T2Apac
- Table tennis: Feng Tianwei beaten 4-1 by China's Wang Manyu in first round of ITTF World Tour Grand Finals
- Asian Para Games: Debutant Ana grabs victory in table tennis