Recalling Chris Long’s dazzling spin move on a sack last week,the seasoned pass rusher on the other side of the St. Louisdefensive line could not stifle a satisfied, fatherly chuckle.Long, the second overall pick of the 2008 draft, was in the49ers’ backfield all day and has a four-game sack streak. It’s allmusic to the ears of mentor James Hall, an 11-year veteran.Like the rest of the Rams defense that’s the biggest reason forthe franchise’s revival, Long is starting to hit his stride.”You never know when the light switch is going to go on with aguy,” Hall said. ”Some guys come in and from Day 1, boom, theyget it. It’s fun to watch when it does happen.”The Rams (4-5) are 12th overall on defense, way, way up from29th last season and beginning to fit coach Steve Spagnuolo’svision entering Sunday’s game against the Atlanta Falcons (7-2).They’ve been stingiest at home, allowing a league-leading 12.6points and filling their end of the bargain in a home winningstreak that has begun to lure back a fan base disenchanted by athree-season black hole of despair.”Spags has always done a good job with his pressure packages,”Falcons coach Mike Smith. ”So it’s going to be imperative that wedo… Read full this story
- Redskins, Lions meet with combined 6-game winning streak
- Roaring Recap: Panthers 13, Rams 10
- Bucs bring three-game winning streak into matchup with Bolts
- NFL 2016: Midseason Grades for Each Team
- Pats must confront more injuries heading into tough stretch
- Pewter Projections: NFL Week 1 Fantasy Football Starts, Sits and Sleepers
- NFL Week 6 picks: Cowboys and Packers square off in a battle of one-loss teams
- NFL Week 5 Blanket: Believe in the Falcons, because they’re legitimate NFC contenders
- NFL Power Rankings Week 9
- NFL Week 9 picks: Will the Vikings’ offense thrive in the post-Norv Turner era?
Stingy defense key to Rams’ home streak have 304 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 20, 2010. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.