Play with group composition When it comes time to shoot the entire family, don’t just line them up against the wall, execution-style. Instead try some more complex or natural compositions. Mixing up sitting and standing can be a nice option, and don’t forget that not everyone has to be on the same plane. Lines of people stretching toward the camera can be interesting to play with. Take portraits at the right distance If you decide to shoot some portraits—or even just small groups of people—be very careful about where you choose to stand. You’ll get more flattering results if you stand farther away from your subjects and zoom in than if you stand very close and zoom out. Use fill flash indoors Since you’ll be doing a lot of shooting indoors, you’ll need to be careful of windows. Shooting someone in front of a window during the day can present bad back-lighting problems—the camera will expose for the bright window, leaving your subject underexposed and lost in shadow. You can remedy this in several ways. Turning on your camera’s fill flash is probably the easiest solution. You can also use exposure compensation to over -expose your shot. You’ll blow out… Read full this story
- Ben Shephard forced to cut holiday short after GMB's Alex Beresford becomes 'unwell'
- Is it safe to go home over the holidays? Best practices for Bay Area residents traveling during the pandemic
- Myleene Klass vows to keep posing for sexy snaps as she hits 40
- How to Use Canva to Design Like a Professional
- You're not nuts. This really is a crazy time. Here are a dozen ways to cope
- 51 Easy Kitchen Hacks That Will Change Your Life
- Six ways to get on the first rung of the housing ladder without a wait
- The hoaxer who breaks women's hearts
- School anxiety: How to help your child's confidence after COVID
- Tom Hanks, Jamie Foxx, Billy Wilder & Gwyneth Paltrow? Cameron Crowe Reflects On His ‘Jerry Maguire’ Journey
Tips for taking better holiday photos have 331 words, post on www.macworld.com at November 21, 2011. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.