AKRON =====A six-day break turned out to be the ideal recipe to help Akron get healthy and work out some kinks before the start of Mid-American Conference play. The Zips won their second straight game with a 65-60 victory at Miami (Ohio) on Jan. 7 in the conference opener.The Zips won their third straight against the RedHawks, building momentum for a Wednesday contest at Bowling Green that ends a three-game road trip. After struggling due to lineup changes and injuries early in the season, the Zips are looking like a team capable of winning another league championship.Akron sophomore guard Alex Abreu is still working back into shape after knee surgery, but the Zips need him on the floor due to a shortage of quality guards. Abreu played 33 minutes against Miami, scoring six points and handing out six assists in the victory. He made two free throws with 33 seconds left to extend Akron’s lead to four points.Coach Keith Dambrot has realized the importance of giving Abreu some rest while letting some other players adjust to playing at the point. Quincy Diggs scored 14 points against Miami and spelled Abreu at point, while Nick Harney was a key reserve in… Read full this story
- American Athletic Conference Preview: Welcome, Wichita State!
- Big Ten Conference Preview: This is Michigan State’s league to lose
- Pac-12 Conference Preview: Will the FBI investigation overshadow a promising season?
- Dirk Nowitzki: Life after basketball
- The Greatest Minor League Basketball Player Of All Time Spent A Career Forgetting His Dream
- NBC Sports College Basketball Preseason Top 25
- UH to offer open seating at women's basketball games
- TCA roundup: “2015 or 2016 will represent peak TV in America”
- Native American Tribes Committed to Paris Climate Deal Despite US Pull Out
- College Basketball’s Top 100 Players
Mid-American Conference basketball roundup have 290 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 10, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.