By PATRICK CONDONST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Ramsey County leaders upped their offer Thursday to be the home of a new Minnesota Vikings stadium to a total of $375 million, while the city of Minneapolis offered $313 million for the team to rebuild at the current Metrodome site.The two local governments submitted dueling proposals Thursday to Gov. Mark Dayton as each seek to host a new stadium. Ramsey County board members want to build in suburban Arden Hills, north of St. Paul, while Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak is trying to keep the team in his city’s downtown.Dayton, who supports the team’s push for a public subsidy to replace the Metrodome, had set Thursday as the deadline for the proposals as he and lawmakers look to vote on a package in the upcoming legislative session.Ramsey County leaders said they could raise $24 million a year with the addition of a 3 percent sales tax on food and liquor. The Minneapolis plan calls for raising $6.5 million a year for 30 years, plus $150 million for construction, from sales taxes already in place.Vikings Vice President Lester Bagley said Thursday that the team continues to prefer the Arden Hills deal, but did not… Read full this story
- Aaron Ramsey withdraws from Wales squad with ex-Arsenal star playing just once since Juventus transfer
- How Juventus could line up with Eriksen, Lukaku, Ronaldo and Ramsey after summer transfer splurge
- Ex-Chelsea boss Sarri missed Ramsey debut with virus as Juventus beat Triestina
- Olympic Stadium cost rises to £701m from initial £280m estimate
- Delhi Karol Bagh hotel fire: Vishal Dadlani has a message for fans after concert stands cancelled at Talkatora stadium!
- Sonny Bill Williams: I had planned one more year in rugby union
- 'This is a Hail Mary from two stadiums over!' Former Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick enters packed Democratic 2020 race admitting he is the ultimate long shot
- Garth Brooks Eager to Continue 'Full Contact' Stadium Tour
- Public vote heavily in favour of Everton new stadium project
- Minnesota Amazon workers plan Prime Day strike next week
Ramsey, Minneapolis offer stadium plans have 332 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 13, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.