(Eds: Updates with details. With AP Photos.) By DAVE SKRETTA AP Sports Writer It started off as the kind of audacious idea that a couple of buddies having a quarter-life crisis bandy about over a beer at a ballgame.Adam Kremers and Chase Higgins, a pair of 20-something baseball fans, had been watching their beloved Kansas City Royals play the Minnesota Twins when the conversation drifted toward cycling, another one of their passions. Then they thought of pairing them together.They would ride their bikes across the country, hitting every big league stadium along the way, and make it worthwhile by putting on free clinics for kids wherever they stopped.Eleven-thousand miles. Thirty ballparks. One memorable summer.”Biking for Baseball, this idea is combining everything I love,” said Kremers, who quit his job as an engineer to embark on an ambitious odyssey. ”I believe in being a positive influence in a kid’s life. It’s a simple thing, but it’s something you can use to impact the world.”Higgins gave up his job, too. The whole team did: Steve Lunn and Rex Roberts, who are also logging miles on their bikes, and Tim Sherman, who is providing the support.”When I reflect back on it, it’s kind… Read full this story
- 'Invisible figure' cycles away on parked bike in spooky CCTV footage
- Why Women Are Biking in Record Numbers in N.Y.C.
- We Hammered Storyteller Overland’s Beast MODE 4x4 Supervan For 2,500 Miles And It Didn’t Even Blink
- EV Maker UBCO Secures New Funding, Shows Off Bonkers FRX1 Electric Bike
- Former And Current Point Park Presidents Take Students On Bike Tour Of Pittsburgh
- VanMoof’s New S3 Electric Bike: Improvements, Huge Price Drop Make It A Stylish Bargain
- Radical Radiant Carbon Ebikes By TheRide Come From The Mind Of A Master Mountain Bike Designer
- Porsche Challenges Royal College Of Art To Design "The Last Mile"
- Officials considering reservation system for crowded, understaffed Bay Area parks
- Riding On The Ragged (Legal) Edge With The 50mph Delfast Top 2.0 ETB Electric Bike
The challenge: 11k miles, 30 parks, all by bike have 337 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 4, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.