PANO – “Cambodia has always been in my heart” is a short answer given by War veteran Pham Duc Quang, Deputy Chairman of Vietnam-Cambodia Friendship Association, when being asked why he had reserved so much love for Cambodia. Nearly ten years fighting in Cambodia as a Vietnamese volunteer soldier, the great and loyal friendship between two countries’ armies and people never faded in his mind.
Siem Reap, a time to remember
Wounded veteran Pham Duc Quang said that he always considers beloved Cambodia his second home country and its people his close brothers and sisters. “Since the day I returned Vietnam, I often wish to come back to the old battlefield to express my gratitude to Cambodian people who whole-heartedly assisted me and other Vietnamese volunteer troops to successfully complete the glorious international mission”, he said.
- Last Khmer Rouge leaders found guilty of genocide in Cambodia
- Leeds cyclist to travel across Vietnam and Cambodia for St George's Crypt charity
- Appeal to bring home body of Colne man who died in Cambodia aged 30
- Iran women freely at FIFA soccer match, 1st time in decades
- How healthy will YOUR country be in 2040?
- 30 of best travel Instagram accounts you need to follow
- Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh's remarks at General Debate of UNGA74
- The horror and scandal of Agent Orange
- Experts, tourists face off on Hanoi Train Street closure
- We bet you didn’t expect to find Russian Orthodox churches in these countries (PHOTOS)