So you’re on holiday and you lose your internet connection. Is this such a bad thing, asks BBC producer Stuart Hughes, a technology addict who experienced an involuntary “digital detox” in the wilds of Ontario.”I am out of the office and will respond on my return.”My automated email response has always been something of a white lie. Flitting from smartphone to office computer to iPad, I’m always logged in somewhere – around the clock and seven days a week. I’m hardly in the minority. The firewall between our work and home lives is melting fast.A recent survey by Forbes Insights revealed that just 3% of respondents didn’t send or receive emails while on holiday. A study by researchers in the United States claims that checking emails and social media may be harder to resist than cigarettes or alcohol. I had long promised to cleanse my system by locking my electronic devices away for a few days. Like most addicts, though, I always found another excuse not to give up.When it finally came about, my digital detox was not entirely voluntary.I recently flew to Canada for a family road trip. For 48 hours after leaving the wired communities around Toronto, I… Read full this story
- Digital detox? With a cryptic text, Arjun Kapoor hints at taking a break from social media
- Return of the flip phone: Nokia launches 2720 Flip that's perfect for digital detoxes
- Exclusive: Where Have All The Digital Nomads Gone?
- Digital life encroaches on US ‘quiet zone’ refuge
- Muslim groups oppose renaming Jakarta street after Turkey’s Ataturk
- After G20 endorses tax deal, Italy says its digital levy could stay for two more years
- Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Beta release time on Xbox and PC: COD beta dates LIVE
- U.S. suspends tariffs on U.K., India, EU nations in digital tax dispute
- You Can Get an Air Fryer for $40 at Best Buy -- Save $100 | Digital Trends
- Best Cheap Ninja Foodi Deals for October 2021 | Digital Trends
Cold turkey on a 'digital detox' have 328 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at August 18, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.