French PresidentFrancois Hollande is scheduled to decorate former Beatle Paul McCartneywith a Legion of Honour award, the president’s office told Reuters onMonday. Former Beatle member, Paul McCartney In the ceremony scheduled for Sept. 8, McCartney will be made an officer of the Legion of Honour, France’s highest public distinction which has been awarded to the likes of actor Clint Eastwood and singer Liza Minnelli. No one at McCartney’s office was available for comment. Created by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1802, and symbolised by a red lapel thread, the Legion of Honour has three grades, Chevalier, Officer and Commander. The honour carries social status but no money, and recipients have to buy their own medal from a licensed jeweller, with prices ranging from 169 euros to 700 euros ($210 to $880) for the highest rank. McCartney, 70, is the most influential songwriter in the history of popular music. He has already been awarded a knighthood by Britain’s Queen Elizabeth, whom he recently serenaded along with tens of thousands of spectators at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games in London. He first rose to international fame with The Beatles, co-authoring songs such as “Yesterday” and “Hard Day’s Night” alongside bandmate… Read full this story
- Paul McCartney on the Nineties, jamming with Ringo and life with wife Linda
- Sir Paul McCartney says Las Vegas is the rockers' graveyard 'where you go to die' and he won't follow Elton John and Rod Stewart in doing a stint in Sin City
- Paul McCartney admits post-Beatles feud with John Lennon was 'pretty hurtful'
- Paul McCartney's school essay book is up for auction and could fetch £10,000
- Paul McCartney details post-Beatles distress and how he blames himself for the split
- Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney Are Still Beefing About Who Had the Better Band
- Paul McCartney sniffed at playing Las Vegas, but from Celine Dion's spectacular that raked in $681m to Elton John's $300m bonanza, TOM LEONARD says it's no wonder A-listers can't resist the city where stars hit the jackpot every day
- Paul McCartney said backlash he received for The Beatles breakup was 'hurtful': 'I almost blamed myself'
- Reese Witherspoon's Daughter Grabs a Drink with Paul McCartney's Grandson
- Ryan Reynolds, Paul McCartney Nominated for First Nation's Next Chief
France to award Paul McCartney Legion of Honour have 369 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 7, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.