Nhan Dan – The 31st Nhan Dan Newspaper Table Tennis Championships – PetroVietnam Cup 2013 officially opened on April 23 at the Da Lat Sports Centre in the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong.
Addressing the opening ceremony, member of the Nhan Dan Newspaper editorial board Hai Duong highlighted the outstanding achievements Vietnamese table tennis has gained, especially at the top tournaments.
He also stressed that since 1982, the organising board has overcome many difficulties in mobilising sponsorship and continuously improved the annual tournament, which has contributed to the development of the table tennis movement nationwide.
On the first day of the competition, the host Lam Dong met the Army team while the Public Security Ministry, Petro Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City played Vinh Long and Hanoi 2 and Hai Duong 2, respectively, in the men’s team event.
On the women’s side, there was also a match between the host Lam Dong and the Army team. Vinh Long, Hai Duong and Hanoi 1 competed with Hai Phong, Dong Nai and Hanoi T&T, respectively, in other men’s matches the same day.
The six-day tournament, draws the participation of 111 players from 14 teams from across the country who will compete for seven sets of medals in men and women’s singles, doubles and team events, and mixed-doubles category.
The annual event is considered one of the largest and most prestigious table tennis tournaments in Vietnam. It offers an opportunity to select the best athletes for the national team.
The championships, held jointly by Nhan Dan Newspaper, the Vietnam Table Tennis Federation and the Lam Dong Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, aims to celebrate the 123rd birth anniversary of President Ho Chi Minh (May 19), the 38th anniversary of the liberation of the south and national reunification (April 30), and the 120th anniversary of Da Lat city.
- Art Lekousi Maine State Table Tennis Championship Tournament
- Teen's epic table tennis move goes viral
- Teen table tennis player from Norway delivers viral, controversial return dividing the Internet
- 2018 Hawaii Open tennis championship: Men
- 2018 Hawaii Open tennis championship: Women
- Photos: Great action, celebrations from Friday’s CIF-SS girls tennis championships
- Registration open for city's table tennis tourney
- Drive Table Tennis Social Club in Penobscot Building has closed
- University’s Cami Brown is the Orange County 2018 girls tennis player of the year
- Hot Shots: Friday’s tennis (6-6-14)