The preliminary finds including unique items, recovered from the shipwreck off central Quang Ngai province’s Binh Chau commune after a painstaking excavation that kicked off early last month and adopted an innovative excavation method, are really eye-opening. According to Dr. Pham Quoc Quan, from the National Heritage Council, at the June 30 finding report meeting, this shipwreck, which dates back to the 13th century, is the oldest and relatively most intact compared to the five previous ones. “The potteries which were previously unidentified now cement our research so far. Though we haven’t made specific inventories of all these antiques, they come in a wide variety, with many brown-glazed items unseen by archeologists before,” he noted. The hulk and the antiques it carried have provided researchers with abundant intriguing information on various issues, including the ship’s structure and craftsmanship, the origins, quality and history of the items and their role on the Silk Road in the East Sea many centuries ago, Quan stressed. “The hulk itself, which boasts unique, rare structure, is a treasured antique, which contributes massively to our knowledge of antique ships in Vietnam and worldwide,” said Dr. Nguyen Dinh Chien, deputy head of the National History museum. The…
- Pakistani nationals destroy 1,700-year-old Buddhist heritage--Watch viral video
- Revealed: True face of teen girl who died in 3,700-year-old mystery
- Metal detectorist believes he has uncovered King John's 800-year-old lost treasure in Lincolnshire village
- Investigators Seek Answers From Fugitives Captured In South Greensburg In 3-Year-Old Girl’s Disappearance
- Perfectly preserved cave lion cub found frozen in Siberia is 28,000 years old. Even its whiskers are intact.
- 6-Year-Old Girl Hit Multiple Times By Stray Bullets While Inside Parked Car Outside Food Market In Chester
- Girl, 15, charged with murder 'LAUGHED laughing when she rammed and killed 53-year-old jogger with stolen car she was driving'
- The 74-year-old 'Black Widow' killer who murdered her lovers with cyanide
- I’m bored by my nine-year-old daughter, days with her seem so long but I worry I’m a rubbish mum
- Rio Tinto knew six years ago about 46,000-year-old cave site it blasted
The illuminating 700-year-old excavation finds have 338 words, post on at July 1, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.