The annual Contemporary Dance Festival will be held for the third time in Hanoi late this month, featuring dance pieces from Belgium, France, Great Britain, Israel and Japan. The “Europe meets Asia in Contemporary Dance” festival is an initiative of EUNIC, the Network of European cultural institutes and embassies in Hanoi, together with the Vietnam National Opera and Ballet (VNBO) and this year’s event will be coordinated by the Goethe Institute. The festival will begin 8 p.m. at the Youth Theatre, 11 Ngo Thi Nham Street from September 26-29. The pre-opening will take place 8 p.m. September 25 at L’Espace, 24 Trang Tien Street, according to a statement from the organizers. In the pre-opening, a French-Vietnamese group will present Underground, a dance piece based on the history of the Cu Chi Tunnels, in which choreographers John Bateman and Nguyen Anh Duc offer a tribute to human resilience. The European performers will include Compagnied’Ici P. from Belgium who will perform the solo piece Sillon, the British Candoco Dance Company with In Translation, accompanied by a piano piece by Johann Sebastian Bach. The program will also feature a performance by Japanese dancer Mikiko Kawamura, who joins the festival for the first time…
- CANCELED: Local Author Fest 2020
- Hague court orders Dutch state to pay out over colonial massacres
- House of Fraser stores to open in Russia under Sanpower expansion plan
- Toyota says most Europe plants won't restart until April 20 at earliest
- Europe needs new measures to tackle coronavirus threat - Italian president
- Britain's unbreakable spirit: The morale-boosting acts of kindness seen in lock-down - including street dances, a family clapping their nurse mum's arrival at home and the Spider-Man duo keeping bored kids entertained
- Turkey confirms first coronavirus case, wins WHO praise for vigilance
- Post-Soviet strongmen prescribe vodka, hockey and folk medicine against coronavirus
- Coronavirus leaves 300,000 EU citizens stranded abroad - Borrell
- RPT-G20 sealed landmark deal on WTO reform by ducking 'taboo words'
Europe and Asia collide in local dance fest have 320 words, post on at September 14, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.