The annual Contemporary Dance Festival will be held for the third time in Hanoi late this month, featuring dance pieces from Belgium, France, Great Britain, Israel and Japan. The “Europe meets Asia in Contemporary Dance” festival is an initiative of EUNIC, the Network of European cultural institutes and embassies in Hanoi, together with the Vietnam National Opera and Ballet (VNBO) and this year’s event will be coordinated by the Goethe Institute. The festival will begin 8 p.m. at the Youth Theatre, 11 Ngo Thi Nham Street from September 26-29. The pre-opening will take place 8 p.m. September 25 at L’Espace, 24 Trang Tien Street, according to a statement from the organizers. In the pre-opening, a French-Vietnamese group will present Underground, a dance piece based on the history of the Cu Chi Tunnels, in which choreographers John Bateman and Nguyen Anh Duc offer a tribute to human resilience. The European performers will include Compagnied’Ici P. from Belgium who will perform the solo piece Sillon, the British Candoco Dance Company with In Translation, accompanied by a piano piece by Johann Sebastian Bach. The program will also feature a performance by Japanese dancer Mikiko Kawamura, who joins the festival for the first time…
- Alibaba undercuts Amazon in Europe to woo wary brands
- At Least One Reportedly Killed, 30 Injured as Two Trains Collide in Hyderabad, India - Photo, Video
- The traditional Chinese dance troupe China doesn’t want you to see
- New York dance troupe says China banned shows over Falun Gong links
- Musk dance moves launch Tesla SUV program at new China factory
- Lidar laser-sensing technology: from self-driving cars to dance contests
- Hillary Clinton and Lance Armstrong Documentaries Lead Sundance Special Events Lineup; Fest Also Sets Indie Episodic & Shorts Slate
- Ragam fest inaugurated at NIT-C
- US secretary of state Mike Pompeo slams Britain’s response to assassination of Qassem Soleimani saying Europe hasn’t been ‘as helpful as I wish that they could be'
- Four Britons among seven foreigners freed in Cambodia after 'pornographic dancing' arrests
Europe and Asia collide in local dance fest have 324 words, post on at September 14, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.