Public cloud services will climb 37.5 percent to clock US$434 million in India this year, with software-as-a-service (SaaS) and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) seeing strong growth. According to a statement released Tuesday by Gartner, this market is projected to see an increase of US$119 million from US$315 million last year. IaaS, comprising cloud computing, storage, and print services, will expand by 41.8 percent this year to hit US$62.5 million. Spanning through to 2017, some US$4.2 billion will be spent on cloud services in India, of which US$1.8 billion alone will be on SaaS, the research firm said. Ed Anderson, Gartner’s research director, noted: “SaaS represents the most mature segment in the cloud services marketplace today, resulting in high rates of adoption. However, IaaS is rapidly being accepted as both a mature technology and an accepted deployment destination for business-critical workloads. “We predict high demand for SaaS, IaaS, and the services supporting the adoption of these key cloud offerings through our forecast period of 2011 through 2017,” he said. According to Gartner, India will see strong growth across all segments of its cloud services market over the forecast period, with SaaS expected to reach US$176 million this year and US$572 million in 2017…. Read full this story
- Gartner Forecasts Worldwide Public Cloud Revenue to Grow 21.4% in 2018
- Retail Cloud Market Analysis 2018 (By Segment, Key Players and Applications) and Forecasts To 2022
- Market Now: Over 30 stocks buck the bearish mood of market, hit fresh 52-week highs
- Advantages And Risks Of Cloud Computing Regarding Security
- HCI: A foundation for cloud computing
- SBI drops out of India's top 10 most valued companies
- We Offer a Comprehensive Suite of Cloud Computing and Data Intelligence Offerings: Alibaba Cloud
- Trend Micro India announces their Annual Channel Partner Day
- Google parent Alphabet’s ads, cloud and hardware keep cruising. Investors: 'Meh'
- Lightning hits Indian state 37,000 times
India public cloud market to hit $434M have 291 words, post on www.zdnet.com at September 17, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.