Darling Harbour has dominated the honours at the 2013 Australian Events Awards this week, with Vivid Sydney 2013 winning Event of the Year and the Sydney Convention and Entertainment Centre named as Best Venue for the third time. Catherine Gallagher today congratulated all event category winners and nominees from both the Darling Harbour and The Rocks precincts, including:“Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority partnered with Destination NSW to extend Vivid Sydney from The Rocks into Darling Harbour for the first time in 2013. The centrepiece of Vivid Sydney Darling Harbour was the internationally acclaimed spectacular water theatre show ‘Aquatique’.“The Authority worked closely with its Darling Harbour Alliance Partners, Harbourside Shopping Centre, Cockle Bay Wharf, Australian National Maritime Museum, Darling Quarter, Imax and the Merlin Group to spread the Vivid Light footprint throughout the entire precinct.“This contributed greatly to the success of this terrific event which generated over 1.3 million people movements over the 18 nights.”“Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority’s precincts of The Rocks and Darling Harbour contribute over $1.2 billion to the visitor economy in NSW, with public events and cultural festivals contributing $162 million annually to the State,” said Ms Gallagher. “I am thrilled that these outstanding events were showcased to a… Read full this story
- Novak Djokovic vs Dominic Thiem: Australian Open Men's Final Facts
- See Ariana Grande's Award-Worthy Style Evolution
- Australian Open 2020: Is an extra day's rest really an advantage? – A look ahead of Djokovic v Thiem
- Australian Open 2020: Indian challenge ends as Bopanna bows out
- Alicia Keys Will Host the 2019 Grammy Awards: 'I'm Soooo Excited!'
- The Latest: Djokovic’s tribute to Kobe after Australian win
- Rafael Nadal outgunned by Dominic Thiem at Australian Open, loses in four sets
- Australian Open: Novak Djokovic Beats Dominic Thiem To Clinch 8th Title
- Australian Open 2020: Djokovic edges Thiem in thriller to win 17th grand slam title
- Novak Djokovic switches tactics to beat Dominic Thiem and win eighth Australian Open
Darling Harbour dominates 2013 Australian Event Awards have 314 words, post on www.traveldailynews.asia at November 22, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.