HA NOI (Biz Hub) — The former Deputy Director of Hai Phong City’s Police Department has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for helping his brother flee the country. Duong Tu Trong was sentenced yesterday by the Ha Noi People’s Court. Trong and six accomplices were charged with helping Duong Chi Dung, the defendant’s brother and disgraced ex-chairman of State-owned shipping corporation Vinalines, flee Viet Nam in May 2012. Dung fled to Cambodia to escape from police who sought to arrest him for his mismanagement of Vinalines. He was later captured by Cambodian police and extradited to be tried in Viet Nam. According to the indictment, after receiving a tip that his brother would be arrested and prosecuted, Trong conspired with his accomplices to arrange for Dung to escape through the Moc Bai border gate in southern Tay Ninh Province on May 23, 2012. Each of Trong’s associates also received jail sentences of varying severity. Vu Tien Son, the ex-Deputy Head of the Social Crime Investigation Police Section of Hai Phong Police Department, received 13 years in prison. Hoang Van Thang, a former officer of the Environmental Crime Investigation Police Section of Hai Phong Police Department, received 5 years…. Read full this story
- The great litter army! National Trust bosses urge its 5.5million members to back Mail's British Spring Clean campaign to rid the country of trash
- British prisoner with suspected coronavirus 'collapsed in his cell after returning from a jail in THAILAND' sparking outbreak fears at HMP Bullingdon in Oxfordshire as three inmates are tested
- Faces of the jihadis freed to roam UK streets after early release
- Chinese doctor, 34, who sounded the alarm over coronavirus DIES from it
- Health Secretary warns coronavirus outbreak will 'get worse before it gets better' as he announces an emergency money pot to build new quarantine wards for NHS hospitals bombarded with cases
- The Wuhan 83 are finally out! Coronavirus evacuees leave quarantine and head 'for a pint' after 14 days in isolation at grim nursing block on Merseyside
Police boss given 18 year prison term have 327 words, post on bizhub.vn at January 9, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.