In any angle of product, sedan seems to be the apparent face of the Vietnamese automobile industry, said an article published on the Vietnam Business Forum – a weekly magazine of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry. However, many people forget, intentionally or unintentionally, that the automobile industry is not only made up by only the sedan but also a variety of extremely important means to the economy, or to be more specific, production and business activities of the business community, business households and individuals. According to the article, such other means include trucks, vehicles for special purposes, and passenger cars (more than 10 seats). Less than four years before import taxes on CBU (completely built unit) cars from Southeast Asian nations are brought to zero percent, automakers in Vietnam are still squirming with simple assembly processes. Localisation ratio in assembled-in-Vietnam automobiles is very low, except for some models like Toyota Innova with a locally sourced component ratio of 40 percent or so. Meanwhile, other ASEAN countries like Thailand and Indonesia have strongly emerged to be leading automobile manufacturing centres in the world. They are exporting automobiles to the world where Vietnam is a potential market with a population… Read full this story
- Vietnam’s Automobile Industry and Opportunities for EU Investors
- The carbon removal industry needs to grow to be the size of the oil and gas industry
- VSPN Korea CEO says local industry needs to think bigger
- Fashion industry 'needs to be more transparent'
- Gov’t needs to focus support on high potential firms: Expert
- Stakeholders' meet soon to discuss growth plans for auto industry: Prakash Javadekar
- ESR India to invest about INR 300 cr on industrial park in Gujarat
- Automobile exports from India on a constant decline
- Automobile exporters under pressure as GST refund gets stuck
- Electric Vehicles in India: Despite EV push, India needs to expand refining capacity by 80% to meet fuel needs: Pradhan
Automobile industry needs strategic focus: magazine have 306 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 19, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.