The southern province of Kien Giang will invest about 2.6 trillion VND (122.2 million USD) to build 1,521 small and medium-sized electrical-enginewater pumping stations in the coming time. Under a plan announced by the provincial People’s Committee, from now to 2020, the water pumping stations will be built to serve about 556,000 ha of agricultural production and aquaculture areas in the locality. The construction will be in line with the socio-economic development strategy of the province and the Mekong Delta region. Apart from changing old diesel-engine pumping stations to new electrical ones, the province will also focus on repairing and upgrading downgraded stations across the locality, especially in border and remote areas. The project is expected to contribute to promoting the movement of new-style rural area building in the direction of industrialisation and modernisation in the province, while responding to unfavourable impacts caused by climate change and rising sea levels. It will also help the locality reduce water loss and save electricity.-VNA
- Gumma pumping station to lift 14 MLD water for Shimla : Mahender Singh Thakur
- Price of now-completed pump stations at New Orleans outfall canals rises by $33.2 million
- Water pumps brought from sister islands to fight Coxheath blaze
- Backup water pumps for all districts in Sabah
- Water pump fixed, but Grand Canyon north rim restrictions remain
- York Water Company Files for Rate Increase
- West Cornwall residents 'starting to freak' about well water in pipeline areaYou may also be interested in...
- Crisis-hit Hyderabad banks on Godavari water
- Sewerage & Water Board prepped for hurricane season with meteorologist, real-time monitoring
- Jai Ram Thakur reviewed water supply situation through video conferencing
Kien Giang to modernise water pumping stations have 264 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 6, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.