Thirteen years, six movies, 18 hours of footage, thousands of beards, wigs and bushy eyebrows, not to mention hundreds of miles of toupee tape to attach them to actors’ faces. And now, with the release of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, the saga of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit is finally over — at least until the extended versions in special-edition embossed Blu-ray boxed sets, possibly festooned with hair shaved from the feet of an actual living hobbit, arrive on the shelves in time for next Christmas. But rather than carping about the myriad ways in which audiences will be entreated to pay again for these films or about the pernicious effects of money and riches on the souls of mortals, let us think instead of all the ways in which Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies changed the landscape of cinema. Just as there are nine members of the Fellowship, here are nine things we have learned from Peter Jackson’s six-picture behemoth … 1 It’s big. But how big? There are other franchises ahead of Jackson’s Tolkien films in the box-office stakes. But that hardly seems fair when those outrunning it include… Read full this story
- ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Director Peter Jackson Explains Why He’s Excited About The TV Series
- WATCH: Lord of the Rings Director Peter Jackson Brings WW1 to ‘Life’ in Color Documentary
- Peter Jackson Isn't Involved with Amazon's 'Lord of the Rings' Series or Any Comic Book Movies
- Peter Jackson Denies Rumors He’s Considering A DC Films Project
- Kevin Smith Wants Peter Jackson To Direct This DC Comics Movie
- When is They Shall Not Grow Old released in the UK, how did Peter Jackson make the WW1 movie and when will it air on BBC One?
- Peter Jackson to Direct The Beatles Documentary Focusing on the Recording of 'Let It Be'
- The Evolution of Peter Jackson: From Studio Head to an Uncertain Future [Part 2]
- Peter Jackson's Mortal Engines Featurette Teases the Beginning of a Saga
- 'Mortal Engines' Featurettes: Peter Jackson Praises the World of Traveling Cities
Nine things we’ve learned about rings, hobbits and Peter Jackson’s epic saga have 350 words, post on www.theguardian.com at December 6, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.