Cry a lot in the early days after your layoff so that you will be relieved and then start your journey to achieve your next goal — whatever it may be.Let the world know you are strong enough to achieve anything. The layoff hurdle is nothing but a matter of time, says an anonymous reader, who shared his ‘layoff lesson’. Illustration: Dominic Xavier/Rediff.com. Yes, layoffs are always painful. I had been the victim too. My experience was very bad in the initial days after I was informed not to attend office the next day. I was shocked and saddened for a moment I was thinking: Is this real or someone is bluffing me?But after a short span of time I realised that it was real. I was a bachelor when I was fired instantly by the management; the reason being very silly. I worked for this company for around 1.4 years. How could they do it knowing that when I started the company gave me Rs 6000 per month for 10 months. Later my salary was increased from Rs 6000k per month to Rs 15,000 per month from 11th month for next 6 months. I was shocked I worked hard… Read full this story
- Publisher defends Sports Illustrated game plan after brutal round of layoffs
- Inmate stabbed to death at Wormwood Scrubs to ‘teach him a lesson’, court told
- Time for Hayastan All-Armenian Fund to become structure of 21st century – President Sarkissian
- Transcript: Jake Sullivan and Kurt Campbell on "Intelligence Matters"
- “Tilly reminds us no matter how impossible it seems we can chase our dreams."
- The future of the kilo: a weighty matter
- Agreeing backstop deal a matter of trust, says Varadkar
- Brexit summit latest: Agreeing backstop deal a matter of trust, says Varadkar
- Swiss climbs 1,800-foot vertical rock face in record time... without a safety rope
- Swiss climbs 1,800-foot vertical rock face in record time without a safety rope
Layoff Lessons: 'You can achieve anything; hurdles, a matter of time' have 311 words, post on www.rediff.com at January 8, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.