As the recipient of the MusiCares Person of the Year 2015 award, Bob Dylan delivered a 30-minute acceptance speech that was equal parts riveting, confessional and controversial. During the speech, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame legend thanked his many supporters and the artists who covered and spread the message of his work, while also singling out his “detractors” with sharply prepared barbs. A source close to the Dylan camp provided Rolling Stone with a transcript of the singer’s speech, taken from Dylan’s own notes. Read the entirety of Dylan’s epic MusiCares Person of the Year 2015 comments below: There are a few people we need to thank tonight for bringing about this grand event. Neil Portnow, Dana Tamarkin, Rob Light, Brian Greenbaum, Don Was. And I also want to thank President Carter for coming. It’s been a long night, and I don’t want to talk too much, but I’ll say a few things. I’m glad for my songs to be honored like this. But you know, they didn’t get here by themselves. It’s been a long road and it’s taken a lot of doing. These songs of mine, I think of as mystery plays, the kind that Shakespeare saw when he… Read full this story
- Luca Guadagnino to turn Bob Dylan's
- Bob Dylan echoes gone on for 40 years
- 7 things about Firefly '17: Bob Dylan to the boy's club
- CD set hints at why Bob Dylan's show is a turn-on
- Wandering Bob Dylan treated 'like a complete unknown' by N.J. cop who demanded I.D.
- Bob Dylan’s sendoff to David Letterman raises the bar for final ‘Late Show’ guests
- Bob Dylan keeps old classics fresh and edgy with reinterpretation of hits on 'Never Ending Tour'
- Bob Dylan does classics in Brooklyn
- Tangled up in Bob: Dylan hits 70, his ever-present songs remain ageless
- BRINGING IT ALL BACK HOME. Bob Dylan's New York, revisited
Read Bob Dylan’s Complete, Riveting MusiCares Speech have 324 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at February 9, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.