It’s well known that rap music can’t function properly without the word “Lexus.” From Biggie to Jay-Z to Kanye, all the greats have name dropped the marque. Heck, there’s even a rapper named DJ Lexus; where would he be without the brand? As we mentioned last week, according to Hiphy Hip Hop, Lexus is the second most mentioned car brand in rap music. Indeed, there is an 11-page thread here at Club Lexus that attempts to track all those references. But apparently quantity doesn’t necessarily coincide with iconography, because there is only one Lexus that makes Complex‘s list of The 25 Most Iconic Hip-Hop Cars. Granted, they definitely got that one right: the Lexus GS comes in at No. 17. The GS has been a mainstay of hip-hop, ever since it was first introduced in the States as the GS 300 back in ’93. Since Lexus appeared on the scene, rappers have always been attracted to the brand, as it not only represented status, but new status, not like the stodgy old BMW and Mercedes brands. And the LS and ES models did a fairly decent job of representing, but when the sportier GS came out, that’s when the Lexus lyrics really… Read full this story
- 10 Songs That You Just
- Ringtones - A New Way to Become Famous
- Eminem's Best Freestyles!
- The Salehoo Wholesale Directory & Products
- We Can All Make a Difference
- Satellite Radio - My Review on the Sirius Stiletto II Receiver
- Ibiza - Top 10 Day Trip Activities Not to Miss!
- Street Photography Techniques
- Chad Holt, Austin's Last Provocateur
- The best of film 2013: The ballots
Lexus GS Cracks Most Iconic Hip-Hop Cars List have 262 words, post on www.clublexus.com at June 23, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.