Scarlett Sieber’s journey as an entrepreneur began in high school. As a 15-year-old sophomore, Sieber took a class on entrepreneurship where she had to create and present a business plan. Her idea was a clothing store that was also a candy store.”My tagline was ‘candy you could fit in,'” she said. After winning in her class, Sieber was given the opportunity to present the idea in front of the Rotary Club in her hometown of Durango, Colorado. After that, she was hooked. For college, she moved to New York City to attend Fordham University, located in the Bronx. Fordham didn’t have an entrepreneurship program at the time, so Sieber ended up majoring in accounting. It was stable and it was something she was good at. Then, a trip to China changed her perspective. Sieber moved to Beijing to study abroad and, being in a completely new environment, she had a realization. “I realized life is short and I don’t know what I want to do, but it has to be something that I’m passionate about, and accounting is not that,” Sieber said. Upon returning to New York, Sieber worked full time as a cocktail waitress while she finished up her… Read full this story
- Sixty-year-old diary entries from Sydney scuba diver 'instrumental' in scientific research
- How Miami Seduced Silicon Valley
- Millions of sea creatures lived on the Elly platform: Will they survive the oil spill?
- Sabah is like paradise on Earth for Malaysian and international visitors
- ‘Zombie’ Urchins Are Destroying Kelp Forests. Can’t We Just Eat Them?
- 'Zombie' Urchins Are Destroying Kelp Forests. Can't We Just Eat Them?
- Can Shopify Compete With Amazon Without Becoming Amazon?
- Australia’s Charles Darwin and the audacious plan to save the reef
- Why Is Peter Thiel Still on Facebook's Board?
Scarlett Sieber: Entrepreneur. Ecosystem builder. Scuba diver. have 300 words, post on www.techrepublic.com at July 7, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.