Carrie Bradshaw isn’t the only role Sarah Jessica Parker permanently put her stamp on. In 1995, she left an indelible mark on the title character — a Manhattan mutt — in A.R. Gurney’s play, “Sylvia.” So says the effervescent Annaleigh Ashford, who won a Tony in June for “You Can’t Take It With You” and now plays Sylvia opposite SJP’s hubby Matthew Broderick as the married Upper West Sider who adopts her. “Sarah Jessica left me kind of a blueprint. You can feel it in the text,” Ashford tells the Daily News’ Joe Dziemianowicz. “You can feel her natural vulnerability within the piece.” Like a true man’s best friend, Parker came in handy on one occasion when the cast found themselves grappling with a scene. “There was one day when we couldn’t figure out a moment,” says Ashford. She and Broderick wrestled with a scene in which Sylvia declares in a Jamaican accent, “Dis is da life.” “I asked Matthew, ‘Do you remember what it meant?’ He was like, ‘I don’t. Do you want me to go home and ask (her)?’ It’s the only time he did it though. But then we kind of found something and he never told… Read full this story
- First Look! Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick Star on Broadway's Plaza Suite
- Sarah Jessica Parker Kept Cynthia Nixon's Governor Run a Secret: 'I Was Incredibly Excited'
- Sarah Jessica Parker on Turning 50: 'I Continue to Feel Like Me' (Yeah, We Love Her Too)
- Molly Shannon’s 25 Best Roles, Ranked
- Grey's Anatomy Producers Say Appearances from Other Past Stars Is 'Absolutely Possible'
- From Stage to Screen: How Broadway Shows Morph Into Movies
- 20 celebrities who have appeared on Broadway
- What FX's 'Impeachment' creators hope viewers will take away from the Clinton-Lewinsky saga
- Tony Award nominations to be announced Oct. 15
- The Best Movies Leaving Netflix at the End of August | Digital Trends
Annaleigh Ashford says Sarah Jessica Parker left ‘blueprint’ for role in ‘Sylvia,’ co-starring SJP's hubby Matthew Broderick have 313 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at October 5, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.