While the term “print is dead” might still apply to mainstream glossies that are struggling, smaller niche magazines are actually thriving. Last year, according to The Telegraph, Stack, an independent magazine subscription service, reported a 78% increase in revenue and a 76% growth in subscribers. Between Kickstarter and social media, creators with a vision are finding funding, contributors and readers. In an interview with The Independent, Ruth Jameison, author of “Print Is Dead. Long Live Print: The World’s Best Independent Magazines,” said that in order for an indie magazine to be successful, “It needs to have a really pure, original idea. And it needs to know who its audience is and speak to them.” These standards of success allow independent magazines the opportunity to speak to audiences mainstream magazines rarely address—which means, by default, the content is more diverse and inclusive, making up for the lack of new points of view, women of color and a spectrum of sexuality. Some popular indie magazines you may heard of include Gentlewoman, Girls Get Busy, Bust, Bitch, CherryBombe, and Candy. But new indie mags are continuing to pop up year after year. We’ve rounded up 12 cool new independent niche magazines (founded within the last two years) that have a fresh approach… Read full this story
- Punjab board Class 12 results declared, govt schools fare better with 94.32 pass percentage
- 12 hidden iOS gestures worth knowing
- Nadia Bokody: Why I tell women to leave their husbands
- England vs West Indies: Phil Simmons worried over Shai Hope's form
- Startup that makes sex toys for women sues New York transit system for banning its ads
- David Stern added to Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame class
- Positive virus tests postpone WVU women’s workouts
- I used to worship at the altar of Q magazine. What'll replace it now it's gone?
- Spanish magazine comes under fire for calling Queen Maxima's daughter - and heir to the Dutch throne - Amalia, 16, as 'plus-size' on its front cover as critics claim it's 'dangerous' and 'disrespectful'
- Strauss believes Broad has never bowled better
12 cool indie magazines for women who know better have 342 words, post on splinternews.com at November 3, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.