Just weeks after DuPont Co. announced plans to merge with Dow Chemical, the Delaware company notified employees Tuesday that about 1,700 jobs will be eliminated here by early 2016, marking one of the largest single mass layoffs to hit the First State in recent history.DuPont Chief Executive Ed Breen announced the layoffs, which account for 28 percent of its current Delaware workforce, in a memo sent to DuPont’s roughly 6,100 Delaware employees on Tuesday – just four days after Christmas.Several hundred of those DuPont employees will receive notice in January that their jobs are being eliminated; others were notified earlier this month.All 1,700 workers are expected to leave the company by the end of March. Employees contacted by The News Journal on Tuesday declined to comment on the layoffs.Breen said he chose to announce the full scope of the job cuts now – even before many employees have received a pink slip – because DuPont is required to detail the layoffs in a state filing due by Thursday.DuPont provided no additional details about the filing, but it is believed to be a notice required under the federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, which demands that employers give notice of a mass layoff. The triggers for filing depends on several factors.“Especially given that we are in the middle of the holidays, we would… Read full this story
- Renowned tax specialist Richard Lehman announces his new series of six videos on the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017”
- Electronics recycling giant ECS Refining cutting 108 jobs in Mesquite
- Meat producer Tulip cuts 150 jobs
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Puts Greater Emphasis on Planning
- Longtime Ann Arbor area book printer to close, cut 282 jobs
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act offers favorable tax breaks for businesses
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act retains the R&D tax credit: what does this mean to your business?
- Nestle to cut 500 jobs in biggest restructuring plan
- General Electric to cut 134 jobs in Tampere, Finland
- As home mortgage demand sags, Wells Fargo cuts 130 jobs in Twin Cities
DuPont to cut 1,700 jobs in Delaware have 332 words, post on www.usatoday.com at December 29, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.