Kao Ying Industrial and Commercial Vocational High School in Kaohsiung city, Taiwan (China), has unveiled a plan on opening a Vietnamese club to help students to access the Vietnamese culture and language.
According to the Taipei Times,Kao Ying Industrial and Commercial Vocational High School is a private unit with 156 students whose parents come from other countries or were born abroad.
51 students of the school have Vietnamese parents or were born in Vietnam. Most of their mothers married Taiwanese men and have since lived there, so this generation does not know much about the mother tongue or Vietnamese culture.
With the establishment of this club, the school hopes to increase the knowledge, understanding and appreciation of students for their roots. The club will also benefit in the long run as the Taiwanese authority is about to implement its “new southbound policy”.
The policy is proposed by newly-elected President Tsai Ing-wen to promote bilateral exchanges and cooperation between Taiwan, ASEAN and South Asian countries to build new friendly relations in human resources, industry, investment, education, culture, tourism and agriculture.
The club will not only teach Vietnamese language for students, but also introduce the country and culture of Vietnam, as well as job opportunities in the region, especially skills of reading comprehension and speaking, to improve the practice of Vietnamese language.
The school invited Tran Thien An as an instructor. An has graduated from high school in Taiwan and is a bachelor of National Kaohsiung Normal University-NKNU. She is also a volunteer for a local social welfare organization to help people from Vietnam.
An said that she supports the school’s efforts to teach foreign children the language and culture of their motherland. The club can also help foreign couples integrate into Taiwanese society and enhance intimacy with their children.
Principal Chen Te-sung said the club will help students hone their culture and language skills for the coming “new southbound policy” from the authority./.
BTA (According to vnexpress)
- PUBG MOBILE Club Open Lists 48 Qualifying Teams For Regionals
- Singhs Vietnamese coming to the St. Mary’s strip
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump’s Pentagon Taking More Assertive Stance Against China on Taiwan
- Taiwan President: Military Has ‘Capacity’ to Use Force Against Chinese Provocations
- US Unveils De Facto Embassy In Taiwan Amid Tensions With China
- Taiwan’s President Asks World: ‘Constrain China’
- Chinese Media: U.S. Marines in Taiwan Would Be ‘Invasion of Chinese Soil’
- Senior U.S. Official Visits Taiwan to Commemorate 40 Years of Taiwan Relations Act
- Costco Latest US Company Facing Chinese Ire Over Taiwan Stance
- China ‘Report’: Amazon, Apple, Others ‘Incorrectly’ Label Taiwan as Independent