Dong’s new wind farms will be completed by 2020. Photo: Søren Bidstrup/Scanpix Danish offshore wind farm operator Dong Energy is to build two offshore wind farms off the Dutch coast where it has pledged to produce the world’s cheapest offshore wind energy. The projects would be built for €72.70 (540 kroner, $80) per megawatt-hour, significantly below the group’s 2020 target of bringing costs below €100 per megawatt-hour over the life of a project. “This demonstrates the great potential of offshore wind,” Samuel Leupold, Dong’s head of wind power, said in a statement. The Borssele 1 and 2 wind farms would be built 22 kilometres off the Dutch province of Zeeland and would be completed by mid-2020, according to the country’s Ministry of Economic Affairs. “One million households will be provided with electricity generated by the 700 megawatt wind farm off the coast of Borssele,” the Dutch government, which will subsidise the project for the first 15 years, said in a statement. Including the cost of grid connections, experts estimated the price for the projects would be €87 per megawatt-hour, which wind industry trade group WindEurope described as being “beyond even the most optimistic expectations in the market.” “It now puts… Read full this story
- The Importance of Offshore Wind Farms
- Offshore Wind Power Projects - A Growing Industry
- Great Yarmouth Seafront and Scroby Sands Wind Farm in Norfolk
- Green Tech Investing - Wind Farms
- Building With Solar and Wind Power
- Renewable Energy From Solar Grids and Wind Generators
- World of Warcraft Gold Farming
- Want to Build a Green Power Wind Generator?
- Best World of Warcraft Gold Farming Tips - Wow Gold Secrets Guide Review
- World of Warcraft Gold Farming - How to Make Gold in WoW With Auction House Secrets
Dong Energy to build world's cheapest offshore wind farms have 285 words, post on www.thelocal.dk at July 6, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.