A third runway at Heathrow has become more likely ahead of a decision by ministers next week after the Scottish Government backed the plan. Ministers claimed expanding the west London hub will provide a number of benefits for Scotland, including new jobs and more flights. Economy Secretary Keith Brown insisted that building an extra runway at Heathrow rather than Gatwick would be “the best deal for Scotland”. He said the proposal from Heathrow would lead to the creation of 16,000 new jobs in Scotland and a reduction in landing charges paid by airlines operating services from Heathrow to Scotland. The plan could also see Glasgow Prestwick Airport used as a logistics hub for the construction of a third runway, and the potential for a “substantial increase” in direct flights between Heathrow and Scotland. Mr Brown told BBC Radio Scotland’s Good Morning Scotland programme: “In the absence of action from the UK Government, we have made this decision and we would urge them to act as quickly as possible.” Prime Minister Theresa May confirmed last week that the UK Government would “shortly announce” a decision on which airport expansion project will get the go ahead. The Davies Commission recommended in July last… Read full this story
- Anil Kapoor: It Is Hard To Say What The World Will Look Like Post-COVID And I Am Not The One To Speculate
- How to give Windows 10 a ‘makeover’ to look like Windows 11
- Meet the Homo erectus: What our ancestors ate, looked like, and more
- Tanishaa Mukerji On Comparisons With Kajol: Everybody Expected Me To Look Like Her, Act Like Her & Beat Her
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G - This is What Unfolding Luxury Looks Like
- It looks like Carrie and Big's marriage will be on the rocks in reboot
- What ‘Victory’ Looks Like: A Journey Through Shattered Syria
- ‘I’ve had filler dissolved after addiction left me looking like the elephant man’, says Sophie Kasaei
- Sherri Shepherd on the Lack of Diversity on Friends: It Was 'Hard to See a Show Where Nobody Looked Like Me'
- Katie Price fears she looks like a 'monster' as she unveils shocking op results
Heathrow third runway looks more likely after SNP backing have 348 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at October 10, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.