HONG KONG (AP) Johanna Konta withdrew from the Hong Kong Open with an abdominal strain on Thursday, putting her chances of qualifying for the season-ending WTA Finals in jeopardy. The third-seeded British player had been scheduled to play Wang Qiang in the second round, but pulled out before the match. Konta reached the China Open final last week and became the first British woman to crack the top 10 since Jo Durie in 1984. Konta is currently in the eighth, and final, spot in the standings for the WTA Finals in Singapore, but several players are within striking distance. Also, eighth-seeded Daria Gavrilova defeated Katerina Siniakova 6-2, 7-5, Bethanie Mattek-Sands beat sixth-seeded Caroline Garcia 4-6, 6-2, 6-4, and Kristina Mladenovic beat Nao Hibino 7-6 (5), 6-2.
- Ormsby stays ahead at Hong Kong Open
- Ormsby and Otsuki share early lead at Hong Kong Open
- Ormsby continues to lead at Hong Kong Open
- Johanna Konta fit for Australian Open but will skip GB duty in Fed Cup
- Protests take toll on Hong Kong tourism
- Hong Kong legal groups condemn protester insults to judge
- Hong Kong protesters march to oppose traders from mainland
- Hong Kong rally seeks voting rights, international support
- Hong Kong airline stops pregnancy tests for Saipan travelers
- Johanna Konta questions French Open organisers after semi-finals court switch
Johanna Konta pulls out of Hong Kong Open have 213 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 13, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.